Monday 7 March 2016

Just Another Melodic Monday - Lamb of God

We're meeting with Nathan Smith tomorrow, a pastor of Grace Church Bristol.  We first met Nathan at the Sovereign Grace conference he helped organise in Bath a couple of years ago.  Since then, he's met with me and Brandon on a few occasions to catch up and give us encouragement.

It's funny to think back over the last few years.  There was a point when I was struggling at work due to stress, and struggling at church due to a conflict with the pastor.  Brandon and I went to a lunch in Bristol, organised by Nathan, and we heard a message from Jeff Purswell, who serves at the Sovereign Grace Church of Louisville.  We were encouraged as the Word was ministered to us, and by the friendly fellowship we experienced afterwards.

Looking back, I know now that I was there looking for someone to rescue me from the painful situation I was in.  In the weeks that followed, I came to realise that Jesus was that rescuer, and that he would provide everything I needed as long as I simply trusted him and followed his will.

Now, in a different job and a different church, I recognise how blessed I am, and that the source of those blessings is God.  So tomorrow, as we meet with Nathan, I'll seek to be the encourager more than the encouraged!

It seemed appropriate, due to Nathan's involvement with Sovereign Grace, that I share a song from the latest album produced by Sovereign Grace Music called "Sooner Count The Stars".  This song, "Lamb of God", helps us to see the glory of Jesus as the eternal God who died to save us and will return to take us to glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment