Monday 10 September 2018

Just Another Melodic Monday - I stand amazed

I know, I know - we featured the Norton Hall Band only a couple of weeks ago!  However, they've just released a new EP called "Crown Him" and this live version of "I stand amazed" has been uploaded onto Youtube only this week.  Since we've had more modern songs recently on the blog, I wanted to balance that out with a classic hymn, and this therefore seemed an appropriate choice.

This hymn was written in 1905 by Charles Gabriel, recognising the amazing love of Jesus for sinners, a love demonstrated in history through his death on the cross.  Here are the words from the last verse:

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see
'Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me

No comments:

Post a Comment